Departure 07:00 from Chania by bus, to MakrI Gialos to continue by road to the village of Pefki. From this point we will start our hike for the descent of the gorge of Pefki or Anegyros (about 2-3 hours the descent - 5km path and dirt road) ending in the area of Analipsi from where we will board our bus, to drive to Koutsouras settlement, where we will rest late in the afternoon and spend the night.
On Sunday morning, after serving breakfast, we will drive up to the plateau of Ziros, from where we will start our hike to cross a large plateau and head to Zakros, from there we will continue to cross the gorge of the Dead and to end up in Kato Zakros. (duration of hiking about 7-8 hours - 16-17km path and dirt road). Return in the afternoon to Koutsoura, where we will spend the night at the same hotel.
As an alternative, anyone who does not want to do all the hiking can come by bus to Zakros to meet with the rest of the group and cross the gorge of the Dead (about 2.5-3 hours downhill) 6.5 km from Zakros.
On Monday morning after our breakfast, we will board the bus, to go 2 km before the village of Orino, from there we will start the descent of the gorge of Orino or the Butterflies (about 3.5 - 4 hours the descent - 7km path and dirt road). At the beginning of the hike we will visit the waterfall of Peristerion and we will continue the descent ending at the forest of Koutsouras, located on the main road Ierapetra - MakrI Gyalos.
At 4:00 p.m. we will board our bus to start our return by road to Chania
* Necessary supplies for the mountain:
-Hat, -Waterproof windproof, -Warm clothes, -Hat and gloves, -Slink.
* The program is likely to change in part, under the responsibility of the tour leaders, depending on the prevailing weather conditions.
* Stops will be made along the road, which will be determined by the leaders in charge of the activity.
* Nights will be spent at the hotel in double and triple rooms with breakfast.
* Smoking on the bus is not allowed.
* Participants must have a team spirit, mountaineering behavior and exemplary cooperation with each other.
* On the first day we have prepared a small backpack to walk after our arrival in the village of Pefkoi.
-During the hike along the entire route, the planned spatial distances due to Covid-19 will be observed, in order to avoid the group's coloration.
Departure time: 07:00
Return: Mon, 21 Jun 2021, 21:00 (approximate)
Departure location: Outside Club premises, Tzanakaki 90 str, Chania.
Registration period: 7 Jun 2021 00:01 - 18 Jun 2021 21:59 (or until all participations have been filled)
Leaders: DIMITRIOS KOYRASMENAKIS